I know there are those who feel like this whole idea of Gratitude is being overplayed… like “Look at how grateful I am for my amazing/simple life.” That’s not going to stop me from feeling and expressing my gratitude for the things that I have.
When we stop appreciating what we have, what makes us think we will ever be grateful for what we may someday achieve?
So showing up on today’s gratitude list…
- Car rides with the Giant as a captive audience… those generate some of our best conversations
- Text marathons with friends that allow me to remain connected, even when I’m not physically in their presence.
- Calendar reminders so I don’t forget things as easily… except of course when I forget to put them IN said calendar.
- Those in my world who share my sense of humor… albeit a bit twisted…
- Comfy socks and boots that keep my feet warm.
- Opportunities to learn from others.
- Freedom to be myself – without a mask – and not having to make apologies for who I am.
- Friends who lift me up and support not only me but my family as we travel through life’s hiccups.
- Clarity in the midst of confusion.
- Forward movement on a situation that needs to reach resolution.
- Plans for the future.
- Comfort in the present.
- and coffee. Always coffee.
It’s never too late to join in on the Axis of Ineptitude blogging challenge. Play along in as many or few as you want!